Updated Resources as at 8th April 2020
There are a range of digital resources available from The Church of England that you can access from home;
- Weekly service broadcasts – these will be made available each Sunday through the Church’s Facebook page.
- Daytime prayer and Night prayer service audio – building on the existing daily prayer feed, this includes daytime prayer and night prayer for each day. It will be available as a downloadable app in the coming weeks.
- Live streaming services from churches – AChurchNearYou.com now lists hundreds of churches offering livestreams of services from across the country. Churches need to add the ‘Livestream’ tag to their services and events that will be broadcast. Remember to add into the description how people can watch this. You add a link to the platform you’re using to stream, such as your Facebook Page or YouTube Channel. Find out more about live streaming services and events.
- #LiveLent: Care for God’s Creation – the Church of England’s Lent campaign for 2020. With weekly themes shaped around the first Genesis account of creation, it explores the urgent need for humans to value and protect the abundance God has created. This daily audio content is available via the app and daily emails. Sign up for free.
- Time to Pray app – everything you need for Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year. Download for free.
- The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship – radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
- Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Smart speakers – daily prayer and #LiveLent audio content can be accessed via our smart speaker apps.
- Mental health reflections – 13 daily reflections that seek to provide hope, reassurance and comfort. We have also published five tips to help tackle loneliness and isolation.
If you need assistance accessing these resources please don’t hesitate to contact me (Steph) via email.